A good legal defense strategy is the key to winning an International case. These cases can be tricky as they involve multiple jurisdictions, and attorneys must consider the possibility of political persecution, which is a huge issue.
Interpol Attorney Dmytro Konovalenko and his team have the experience to analyze every situation properly to help you avoid detention and extradition proceedings.
Our Interpol investigation lawyers in London are familiar with the extradition act and legal systems of different jurisdictions as there are nations with less reliable judicial systems.
What Does Interpol Do?
The International Criminal Police Authorities is an inter-governmental organization with 195 members working together to create a safer world. To do that, the organization allows the members to access and share data on criminals and crimes, offering a range of operational and technical support.
With its headquarters based in Lyon, France, the organization focuses on public safety and fighting transnational crimes. They have different law enforcement agreements with the members to offer mutual legal assistance in carrying out their work to apprehend criminals.
Which Cases Go to The Interpol
Interpol’s main aim is to assist member countries in fighting international crime, including crimes of criminal nature and administrative nature.
They mainly focus their work on serious cases like investigating and assisting in the apprehension of criminals wanted for murder, fraud, war crimes, human & drug trafficking, corruption, money laundering, and environmental crimes.
To achieve that goal, it offers its members different services, including:
- Facilitating information exchange between the members to help track criminals that operate in different countries.
- Providing training to equip its member states to fight international crime.
- Coordinating investigations to help members work together in investigating cross-border violations.
- Collecting and analyzing information intelligence for identifying international crime trends that might help in political and human rights prosecutions.
- Developing and giving guidance on best practices to fight international crime
Are You Wanted by Interpol?
Most people remain unaware they’re wanted until they’re detained when trying to cross borders. Check the “wanted persons” section on their official website to know whether you’re wanted. This section features a list of people with an Interpol Red Notice, their crimes, in which country, and under what articles.
What’s a Red Notice UK?
The red notice is an international arrest request given by the international criminal police at the request of a member state. When issued, all the member states (including the UK) are obligated to assist the requesting nation in locating and issuing a provisional arrest warrant subject to the red notice.
However, the red notice isn’t an international arrest warrant. But, when the red notice is issued, it may lead to issues with bank accounts and payment systems.
Red Interpol notices merely alert law enforcement officials that a member nation wants a requested person so they can be arrested before being deported for prosecution. However, Interpol’s only role is to circulate the red notices. They can’t compel any government to facilitate a red notice subject’s arrest or criminal prosecution.
In January 2020, for example, the UK government made an extradition request for Anne Sacoolas after a notice was issued, but the US government failed to honor it. According to the US government, Ms. Sacoolas enjoyed diplomatic immunity.
How Can You Remove a Red Notice UK?
When you have an extradition request because of an Interpol red notice issued, or you’ve been arrested on Interpol red notices, you’ll need legal help from an experienced lawyer.
The consequences of going through extradition due to a red notice issued can be severe. As such, you’ll need a red notice lawyer who understands the complexities of red notices, the extradition act, criminal law, and human rights.
When Interpol red notices are issued, they appear on their official Interpol website and can be viewed by all members, including the extradition team. If the police stop you in a member country, he/ she will see a red notice arising from your record and arrest you. In that case, only an Interpol law firm can help you get the red notice removed from their site.
Interpol red notice removal law firms London will have more extensive experience in removing red notices than your local lawyer.
The removal of Interpol red notices is done by requesting the organization to do that based on different reasons or violations.
For instance, politically motivated criminal proceedings violate the Interpol constitution, as Article 3 of Interpol’s Constitution prohibits the intervention of political, military, religious, or racial character.
Options for Challenging Issued Red Notices
The wanted individual has three options for challenging red notices issued in their name. That includes:
- The wanted individual can contact the law enforcement authorities in the requesting country and request them to take it down. Normally, that requires hiring a reputable Interpol red notice law firm in London to help you, as every country’s laws existing and regulations are unique.
- You can also request the local authorities of their respective country to cancel a national arrest warrant and then ask Interpol to remove the information from their database. That will also require the assistance of an experienced Interpol red notice solicitor London.
- The wanted person can contact the CCF and request to remove their name from Interpol’s databases. That requires you to comply with the red notice removal requirements set by the CCF. These requirements can be complex and require legal assistance from experienced Interpol red notice law firms London.
Hiring Interpol investigation solicitors in London can help you remove red notices, but it might take some time. However, it won’t appear on the website once it’s removed, and the members will no longer see it.
Looking for an Interpol red notice law firm in London? Interpol Attorney Dmytro Konovalenko is here for you!
Interpol attorney Dmytro Konovalenko and the team at Interpollawfirm.com can advise individuals on an effective strategy for removing red notices filed by different member nations. Our Interpol red notice lawyers London have the experience and knowledge required to deal with extradition requests and remove your details from Interpol’s databases.